10 Steps to Start Crushing Lifestyle Diseases
Do You Know What's a Lifestyle Disease?
Chronic Diseases are in the rise.
In the last decade, an increase of lifestyle diseases including inflammation and chronic pain causing autoimmune, have been reported in alarming numbers. The National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP), reports that 6 in 10 adults in the US are enduring a chronic disease. They also identify chronic diseases as the leading cause of death and disability, triggering $3.8 trillion in health care cost every year.
Chronic or Lifestyle diseases include:
Chronic Lung disease
Chronic Kidney Disease
Also, there are some key lifestyles identified as risk behaviors causing chronic diseases, like:
Ultra processed foods (sugars, empty carbs, animal proteins)
Alcohol and substance abuse
Poor sleeping habits
The foods we consume and how they are prepared directly impact health and wellness. Experts agree that lifestyle diseases can be prevented and reversed by balancing proper medical treatment, eating a wholesome diet, regular exercise, effective stress management and proper amounts of rest.
Studies also confirm that keeping balanced blood sugar levels and safely applying intermittent fasting can boost overall wellness.
If you have made up your mind and chosen to seek health…Don’t STOP Here!
Start taking deep breaths and set your mind to get up every day, receive new mercies and armor up to fight a good battle.
Find what motivates you to make changes?
Is it looking good in your clothes, or you need to find relief from chronic ailments?
Perhaps you simply would like to prevent lifestyle diseases? Or
You’ve realized how much you miss feeling better?
Your answer will lead you closer to your purpose.
Change is never easy, and almost always productive.
Start with small steps and make peace with the fact that strength is found out of your comfort zone.
An emotional intelligence principle encourages growth by understanding challenges and areas of opportunity to prepare an outline for a improving plan.
Here are 10 useful steps to get you started…
1. Reflect on your heart, thoughts, actions, habits, and relationship.
2. Set your goals based on what actions need to happen to a healthier, wiser, more mindful you.
3. Make a list of areas in which corrections, and improvements are needed to get you closer to your goals.
4. Plan and prepare with time and set actions steps, phone alarms, email reminders
5. Secure accountability by sharing your plan with a trusted relative, colleague, friend, mentor, or coach. There are different ways they can help. Ask them to support you by lending an ear, or even join your efforts.
6. Take a close look at your habits and latest decisions. Do they take you closer or further from your goals?
7. Journal your progress, you’ll be glad to look back and see the fruit of your hard work.
8. Roll your plan day by day and check in often. Even with a well thought out strategy, every day will come with different challenges.
9. Celebrate your wins and enjoy your progress.
10.Stay the course, and with time changes and success are bound to happen.
Turn your test into a testimony that can bring much needed light to the world.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. plans to give you hope and a future."